Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Moon Light, deer lite.

So I have hunted hard the past few days. Between morning and evening hunts, I have put some serious time in. But the past few days has proved to be very slow on deer movement. The trail camera proved to be generous with pictures of deer and even the Old 8 buck. I didn't realize until today that the moon cycle was providing the night time feeding for the deer. Each day this week I saw less, and less deer. I feel like a rookie making this mistake. I got over excited with the trail pictures and hunted with out taking the moon phase into account.

The weather the past couple of days wasn't the best, overcast or cloudy and even a bit of rain. With that being said, the moon was out sight and out of my mind. So yes, two weeks ago I was seeing 5-7 deer by 8 am. The past three days, I haven't seen 3 deer. I really should have stopped to check the moon phase before I hunted. I am willing to admit my poor planning and taking this as a good lessons learned. So in my future planning, its weather, wind, and moon phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment