Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Bucks in Town

I have been finding myself sneaking into the hunting area about an hour before sunrise. The full moon phase had been keeping the deer in the area until the early morning hours. So as I slide into the woods this morning, I pushed deer out from the food plot. The stampeding off of the deer had heavy impact sounds to the ground depicting decent size deer. At this pace, I would just have to sleep in my ground blind to beat the deer to the area.

So at the end of day and loading up a large doe that I managed to harvest, Brian and I downloaded the trail camera. Just as my luck goes, there was a decent buck in the food plot that I spooked out. This would be one of two new bucks they have showed up in the last week. Although not huge bucks a 5 and 7 point from preview of the pictures showed, the bucks would be a good match for Jenn to hunt. The 7 point, which we have deemed as the Lucky 7 has a really high rack but lacks on brow ties as the one is barely a countable point.

The crazy eights have manged to disappear again but signs of the rut beginning have be confident on their return. I have a trip to Michigan that will keep me away for about a week. I think it will be just enough time to get the rut in full swing. Next Saturday should be a pretty opportunity to finally harvest a quality buck. I am also taking advantage of stopping at the Pines (family farm ~600 acres) on my return trip from Michigan. A good report of decent bucks on the farm may provide an buckertunity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment